Thursday 15 August 2013

New Art West Midlands - Selected!

Well, it's been a while, sorry.  Working towards my final show and waiting for the stress to kick in! Some good news.  I've been selected for the New Art West Midlands 2014 exhibition.  It means a great deal to me because it acknowledges my commitment creating and being involved in art in the West Midlands and re-enforces my decision to leave my job and study at BIAD.  I visited the exhibition earlier this year and was really impressed with the high standard of work on show.  I think what most impressed me though was the placing of contemporary art in the Museum and Art Gallery alongside the permanent exhibits.  I spent a lot of my misplaced youth in this place staring at the 19th Century paintings on show in the Pre-Raphaelite Gallery when I should have been at Art College - I guess my time there paid off and I'll hopefully be placed near to some of my teenage 'heroes'.  Anyway, onwards and upwards.  More news soon....
g